These aren’t necessarily new books this summer, just ones I got around to reading:
- White Sands, Red Menace by Ellen Klages
- These is My Words by Nancy Turner
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
- Beast by Donna Jo Napoli
- Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
- Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freedman
- The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
- A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson
- The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag by Alan Bradley
- The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner
Right now I’m reading Fallen by Lauren Kate, an interesting young adult novel that is kind of in the Twilight genre with 2 heart throbs in love with the same teenage girl, only this girl is actually likeable and the writing is actually good.
Fallen has some new twists on the same old teen romance story and I will definitely be reading the rest in the series.
What have you read this summer – anything worth recommending???