The winner of the Sky High Scoops game from Learning Resources is Mandy! She said, “The smart snacks counting cookies electronic play mat looks like fun!”
Send an email with your address to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com to claim your prize.
We’ll be having another great game giveaway from Learning Resources in a few weeks, so stick around. Thanks!
One reader will win the Sky High Scoops Colorful Count & Stack Electronic Game from Learning Resources! ($24.99)
In my short experience as the mother of a 3 year old, I’ve found that games meant for ages 3+ are generally not a good match for Elliot. Candy Land for example – marketed to 3 year olds but Elliot just doesn’t get the whole directional board thing yet.
So when Learning Resources sent me Sky High Scoops (for ages 3+) I was thinking it would be good for Elliot maybe next year, but he can actually play this game and loves it!
Perhaps the lesson I have learned here is that my 3 year old is just not ready for board games yet, because this game is perfect. The object of Sky High Scoops is to get rid of all your scoops and put the cherry on top without making the whole thing fall over. The blue ice cream dish talks and gives each player their instructions – how many scoops to stack of what color, etc.
This game is so great for lots of reasons and requires
- color recognition and some basic counting skills so we’re getting good practice.
- the child to listen carefully and follow instructions.
- motor skills (we’re used to smashing and crashing, not careful building so this is great!).
Best of all is that Elliot can play successfully and it’s a game we can all play together as a family.
The game includes the talking dish and 16 ice cream scoops (2 each of 8 colors) and can accommodate 2-5 players. And this is actually a game that a few 3 year olds could play together (with supervision), which is a rare find. I can’t wait to watch Elliot play with his cousins! There’s lots of wild laughter and suspense as the tower gets taller and taller!
Here’s a little video demonstration of how to play the game (we’re still working on following instructions…). Something funky happened at the beginning of the video, but it gets better quick. And turn it up really loud to hear the ice cream dish giving the instructions.
Learning Resources has tons of great educational games and products that kids will learn from and love. Whether you’re a teacher, day care provider, mom, or grandma, Learning Resources is a great source for educational toys and hands-on learning materials.
- Make a comment on this post telling me your favorite Learning Resources new 2010 product before midnight Thursday, May 27.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Friday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this post
- Email 3 friends about the contest
- Become a Facebook fan of Learning Resources
- Follow Learning Resources on Twitter
- Subscribe to Learning Resources on YouTube
- Follow Vanilla Joy on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to Vanilla Joy on YouTube
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!