The winner is Elizabeth! She said, “I would love to win as these are my kinds of projects to sew!”
Send an email to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com to claim your prize.
One reader will win a copy of Sew & Stow: 31 Fun Sewing Projects to Carry, Hold, and Organize Your Stuff, Your Home, and Yourself! by Betty Oppenheimer AND a yard of fabric to get you started.
I have had so much fun the last few months reviewing some fabulous books, and this is a great one to start with because it’s all about organizing, something we all need!
First of all, I love how this book itself is organized. The first section contains full page color photos of each project with the page number reference for that project’s instructions. I love that all the project photos are in one place so I can look at them all at once.
The other thing I love is the projects! There are 31 projects and I can’t wait to work my way through every single one of them (except maybe the dog pillow since we don’t have a dog, but it could be great for babies too so…).
I had to choose a few favorites to start with so I made up this visor organizer first. The project has instructions for a generic, one size fits all visor and also additional instructions on how to customize one to fit your visor exactly which is what I did. The product I made is good quality with no exposed seams or short cut techniques, and it was still easy to put together.
The other project I completed is the after swim wrap which I made in an evening and used all summer long. This swim wrap is so fabulous for swimming but also for every day (or every-other-day…) bathing. I love having a towel that stays put!
The next few projects I tackle will definitely be the pocket packet holder, knitting needle tote, cozy cushion cover, and bedroll.
I’ve really enjoyed “sewing and stowing” with this book. Thanks to Betty Oppenheimer for all her hard work and Storey Publishing for sponsoring this giveaway!
- Visit Storey.com
- Make a comment on this post telling me why you’d like to win before midnight Wednesday, September 8.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Wednesday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Become a Facebook fan of Storey Publishing
- Subscribe to the Storey Publishing Blog
- Subscribe to Vanilla Joy on YouTube
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest with a link back here
- Add the “Back to Craft School” banner to your blog
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!