Now that January is half over, I suppose it’s time I publish my goals for all the world to see. I’m going to be tracking my progress in my journal each week, so I hope to establish some new habits this year that will make me a better and happier person. Here are my goals for this year:
- Go on a monthly family field trip.
- Finish 1 jean quilt.
- Learn to can meat and various vegetables.
- Learn to knit?
- Have story time at home once a week (Friday mornings).
- Read to kids 10-20 minutes every day.
- Go to bed earlier. Get in bed at 10:30.
- Eat intuitively.
- Volunteer to provide meals for families in need.
- Send one card each week.
- Participate in humanitarian service efforts once a month.
- Be less sarcastic, more patient, and more kind in my words and thoughts.
- Maintain a balanced checkbook and budget.
- Make my bed every day.
Whew! It looks like a long list but most of these things are pretty basic. Maybe I should be embarassed that I’m not already doing them…
I don’t have any Vanilla Joy goals – I love my readers and have lots of fun blogging but it’s not the most important thing in my life. I would actually like to spend more time this year with my family, so we’ll see how things go…
What are some of your goals for 2010?