Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in posting on VanillaJoy.com. I love to receive posts by others that teach me and my readers something new.
Please note the following guidelines before submitting your post idea:
- It must be an original post and you must not publish the content elsewhere on the Internet once it is published on my site.
- It needs to fit in with the general theme of my blog: crafts, sewing, kids activities, parenting, cooking, organization, home decor, etc.
- Posts with excessive grammatical or spelling errors will not be accepted. I may do some editing if there are minor errors.
- For the most part, posts should be limited to 500 words or less.
- I encourage the use of bullets, lists, short paragraphs as that is what is best for readers.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. I may remove any links that I deem to be irrelevant or that don’t work properly.
- Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site.
- On the day your guest post goes live, it would be nice for you to link back to the post from your own blog, mentioning that you were a guest blogger at VanillaJoy.com.
If you submit a query (i.e. an idea for a guest post as opposed to a guest post submission in full), I will review it and contact you if I like the idea. If you do not hear from me within 2-4 weeks after submitting your query, you may assume I do not think it is a good fit for my readers.
Accepted posts may be published anywhere between 3-15 days depending on my scheduled posting queue. I do my best to notify you the day your post goes live.
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Your URL (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post.
- Attach any images you’d like to include (not required).
- A short bio.