I like to start my year out by getting re-organized. After the craze of December and Christmas, my life and home are in need of a renewed organization effort.
This month I’m going to be focusing on small things I’ve done to organize some of the eyesores around my house, but first, a few cleaning tips:
Baking soda is a very effective and inexpensive household cleaner and can be used on carpet, laundry, odors, teeth, and body odor. I recently started brushing with baking soda to try to whiten my teeth a bit, and it totally works. Tastes salty, but not too bad!
I also use baking soda EVERY DAY in my pits. I stopped using antiperspirant and deodorant a long time ago because it didn’t work for me. Baking soda works 100 times better than any deodorant I’ve ever tried. It doesn’t stop me from sweating, but it removes every bit of odor. If you have a smelly pit problem, BAKING SODA is the answer!
Here are some other baking soda tips:
- sprinkle baking soda on your carpet, let sit for 15 minutes and then vacuum to remove odors
- empty baking soda box into a bowl and set in refrigerator to remove food odors
- pour 1/2 c. baking soda in a load of laundry (along with regular detergent) to get fresh smelling clothes with more vibrant colors
- for general cleaning, mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, sprinkle on a damp sponge, and use for all household surfaces including stainless steel
- sprinkle in shoes to absorb odor
- pour 1/2 c. baking soda down clogged drain (tub or sink) followed by vinegar or boiling water to clear
- mix baking soda with water to make paste and apply to bug bites and sunburns to reduce irritation
Baking soda can be purchased inexpensively, so try it out, particularly in your pits…I’m telling you it works!!!