The Signing Time winner is Emily Ellsworth! She said, “I love Signing Time! I hope I win this!!”
And the runner up is Kristen Orr who said, “I love Signing Time videos. I have been wanting to purchase these for my children, but so many other necessities come first. I would love to win these!“
Email your address to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com BEFORE TUESDAY to claim your prize. Thanks!
After Elliot was born I saw some a little girl at our church signing “more” and I thought, hmmm. Sign language for babies? That is a great idea! We checked out volume 1 of Baby Signing Time from our library when Elliot was about a year old, and he learned all the signs on the DVD after only a week or two of watching it every day.
I am a huge fan of baby sign language, and the Baby Signing Time DVDs work. That’s how we taught Elliot and we avoided lots of tantrums because he knew how to tell us what he needed/wanted. Sign language also helped his verbal communication when he was ready. He spoke better and sooner than other kids his age, and I’m sure it was because of sign language. we’re working on teaching Gus right now. He’s a little young, but knows milk (the most important one, right?!?)
Each DVD is about 45 minutes long and even now Elliot watches Baby Signing Time at least once a day even though he knows how to talk and doesn’t really use the signs to communicate anymore. We all love the music and find ourselves singing it all day long, and Rachel is so wonderful to watch!
The giveaway prize includes Baby Signing Time Volumes 1 & 2. Volume 1 teaches the following words:
Eat – Drink – Cracker – Water – Cereal – Milk – Banana – Juice – Finished – Mom – Grandma – Dad – Grandpa – Diaper – Potty – More – Bird – Fish – Cat – Dog – Horse – Frog – Hurt – Where.
And Volume 2 teaches these ones:
Shoes – Socks – Hat – Coat – Please – Thank You – Sorry – Car – Train – Bus – Bike – Airplane – Boat – Ball – Doll – Bear – Wash Hands – Soap – Water – Sleep – Bath – Sleep Clothes/ Pajamas – Brush Teeth – Books – Blanket
Here’s a little video clip from Volume 2:
The repetition and music are what help kids learn it, I think. So fun!
Having used Baby Signing Time with my own children, I give it 5 gold stars and recommend it to every parent. There are so many educational benefits besides just being fun! Thanks, Signing Time!
- Visit SigningTime.com
- Come back here and make a comment before midnight Thursday, March 4.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Friday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Subscribe to Signing Time email newsletter (Right sidebar in a red box)
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!