I’ve read more nonfiction so far this year than all of last year in total, and I have enjoyed every single one so much! I used to be a strictly fiction reader, but I have discovered the pleasure of nonfiction with these books:
- The Lemon Tree by Sandy Tolan about the Israel/Palestine conflict with very interesting perspectives from both sides
- A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiwicz about the themes and lessons connecting all of Jane Austen’s novels
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand about Olympic runner Louis Zampernini’s experience in WWII – AMAZING STORY
- The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner about different countries and the relative happiness of different peoples and cultures
- Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore about a modern day slave and an art dealer and their unlikely friendship
My goal was to read 5 nonfiction books this year, and I’m finished already! I’ll definitely be reading more this year – what are your favorite nonfiction books???