So we just moved into our new house three (already!) months ago and I’ve decorated two walls. Two.
I’ve got time!
Since I have so many walls to do, I wanted this one to be easy, inexpensive, colorful, and quick, so I painted some sea creatures in the room’s color scheme and slapped them up. And I love them!
We painted the walls a fun, light, watery blue (SW Tidewater) and are doing reddish and tangerine orange accents. Love that crab and seaweed! (But not in real life… I HATE seaweed.)
A sandy sandcastle,
And a piratey octopus.
Here’s what you’ll need to whip up this super easy wall decor:
- clean canvas, quality really doesn’t matter
- acrylic paint
- Cricut stuff – I used Life is a Beach for all my templates.
1. Cover the canvas with a base coat – I used white.
2. Cut your design and use it as a template – trace each layer/piece onto the canvas in pencil.
3. Use a fine paintbrush to color the tight spots and a larger paintbrush for the rest.
4. Paint each layer, letting it dry before doing the next one.
My canvases were really lightweight so I hung them with sticky tack. Only one has fallen down in the last month…
I just love these! So easy and cute and I want to do more!!