Baby Giveaway #1 — onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat from Safety 1st
Having a good quality infant car seat is pretty important for your new precious cargo! We have been using the onBoard 35 without our newborn, and it’s sooo much better than the car seat we had with our first, who was born weighing only 5 pounds 14 ounces. One of the things that I love most about the onBoard is that there is an insert that gives newborns that head support they need until their neck muscles are strong enough to hold up their head. The 5 point safety harness also has wide straps to keep small babies supported and secure.
Another favorite feature of this particular car seat is that it has more legroom for babies. I am 6’1″ and my husband is 6’4″ so it’s no surprise we have long newborns that stay taller than average over time! This car seat really does have more legroom, and because of that, it’s more comfortable for our baby.
The last favorite thing is that the stay-in-car base has an adjustable mechanism to make the seat the right height for rear facing babies. It took us a little while to figure this one out – I guess we should have read the instruction manual more carefully… When we first put it in, it leaned too far forward so the baby’s head was flopping forward all the time. Extending that adjustable portion on the base was the easy fix to the problem. With our last car seat, we had to put a towel under it to get it right, and it was a pain. This base is so nice for this feature, and it’s easy to get in and out of the car if you need to switch.
The seat pad comes out so you can wash it – I forgot how messy newborns can be with all the spit up and the blow outs. Thanks goodness for a removable, washable pad!
The onBoard 35 is safe, comfortable for baby to sit in and for mom to carry, easy to get in and out of the car, and nice looking too! I love the neutral colors that are perfect for boy or girl and will stay looking great and fashionable for years to come. I give this Safety 1st infant car seat 5 out of 5 stars.
- Visit Safety1st.com
- Come back here and tell me your favorite Safety 1st product or why you should win this car seat before midnight Thursday, June 18.
- A winner will be selected and announced in a new post on Friday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
- Facebook about the contest
GOOD LUCK and THANKS, Safety 1st!