One reader will win a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000!
Having a webcam has changed how I feel about living 850 miles from my nearest immediate family member (not counting my sister because she’s a college student and her residence is not permanent. Although it is WONDERFUL to have her close to me.)
I video chat with my sister in Seattle at least several times a week and with my brother in Portland not often enough so I feel like I get to see them and their kids more than I actually do. It makes me feel not quite as lonely for them. Boohoo. I can’t wait for my parents to get a webcam because then Grandma will be able to see her adorable grandbabies! And she’ll be able to help me when I have sewing questions.
We love the Logitech Webcam 9000 because it’s easy to install, the software that comes with it is super easy to use and allows you to adjust all kinds of settings like colors, focus, sound, lighting, and application preferences. Within the software you can make video calls using Logitech Vid (the free program that comes with the camera), Google, Skype, and Sight Speed. And the picture is clear, the colors are vibrant, and the sound quality is excellent.
You can even enable face tracking which is really fun. Somehow the camera follows you around if you move and zooms in and out automatically. Amazing! You can even set it to follow two people. Technology is just so smart these days!
I recently discovered I can take videos of myself with the webcam and publish them to YouTube and then my blog! The following 10 second video took about 20 seconds to upload to YouTube, so it’s way faster than other kinds of video cameras. Don’t notice my messy office…it’s probably the messiest room in the house and I’m okay with that.
Like I said, you can upload videos to YouTube within the software or you can attach and send them via email. My kids love to video themselves with the webcam because they can see it as it’s happening, Using our hand held video camera is nice, but the webcam makes it super convenient.
The Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 takes great videos, is easy to use, and is perfect for keeping in touch with family and friends!
- Visit Logitech.com
- Come back here and tell me why you should be the winner before midnight Wednesday, December 2.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Thursday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
- Facebook about the contest
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!