The winner is Patricia! She said, “Wow! FinisInc.com is a great resource for us swimmers!”
Send an email with your mailing address to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com to claim your prize.
I have used swimming as my sole form of exercise for the past 7 or 8 years and it’s more enjoyable than ever now that I can swim to my favorite music.
The Finis SwiMP3 player is easy to use and pretty amazing since it uses bone conduction audio transmission for the best hearing experience under water. I was a little concerned it wouldn’t work very well, but it comes through loud and clear. You clip the SwiMP3 onto your goggles so the flat portions rest directly against your face just in front of your ear. This allows you to hear the music when your head is both above and under the water.
It has 1 GB of storage, plenty for music, books, podcasts, and more. It’s compatible with several types of audio files and has really increased the enjoyment I get out of swimming. I’ve always loved swimming, and now I lose track of how many lengths I’ve done and just swim, which feels great. I’m pretty sure I’m swimming longer and maybe a little faster because I’m not thinking about it, I’m just swimming. It feels so good!
If you’re not a competitive or exercise lap swimmer but love to spend time in the water with your kids, it’s great for that too. Hang out by the pool listening to your favorite book without worrying about getting wet.
The Finis Hydro Hip is another great product for lap swimming.The fins on the outsides line up with your hips and make rotating more difficult because there’s more resistance. It works your core muscles more and forces you to rotate completely, and it also helps you improve your timing. If your arms and hips aren’t working together properly you’ll hit the blades.
When you take the belt off, your hips assume the natural and correct rotation with each stroke. This product helped me know what proper rotation is supposed to feel like, so I’m getting more distance out of each stroke.
Here’s a quick video of me swimming with the Hydro Hip (and my kids screeching in the background!):
If you’re looking for a new exercise activity, I definitely recommend swimming. It’s low impact, sooo relaxing, and a great workout.
Thanks so much to Finis for sponsoring this giveaway!
- Visit FinisInc.com
- Make a comment on this post telling me your favorite product before midnight Sunday, September 26.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Monday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Like Finis Swimming on Facebook
- Follow FinisSwim on Twitter
- Subscribe to Vanilla Joy on YouTube
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest with a link back here
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!