The 3 winners are
#42 Robin – “These are so cute. I love the Winter White Booties but would love to make one of the other styles for myself… like the Oma House Slippers.”
#25 Angela S – “I love the toddler/baby booties, along with SO many other of her patterns!”
#34 Heather Hughes – “I love these! These slippers look so warm and toasty. I am looking for some hobbies to keep my busy and these look perfect! Thanks for sharing!”
Send an email to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com with the pattern you would like. Congratulations, and THANKS Mamachee!
Three readers will each win one of 3 patterns from Etsy seller Mamachee:
- Warm Winter Booties (baby sizes newborn – 2 years)
- Toddler/Child Slippers (child’s sizes 5-13)
- Oma House Slippers (women’s sizes 3-12)
Oh, how I love slippers and socks! Etsy seller Mamachee has created fabulous slipper patterns for everyone in your family! (except maybe Dad…).
I made up these three patterns for Gus, Elliot, and myself in just a handful of hours and I am wearing my Oma House Slippers right now! They are sturdy, well shaped, comfortable, and so inexpensive to make since they use regular old Red Heart yarn. I made my slippers from two balls I had in my stash and I love how they turned out! You use two strands so you can make the sole one color and the top another or do a two-tone slipper if you want. I will be making me another pair or two of house slippers in more pretty colors so I can have a pair on each level of my house. I hate having cold feet!
For all three of these patterns, the instructions were simple to follow and gave me a great result. The warm winter booties are sooo cute and I finished them in about an hour. It’s barely turned warm here in Utah and I’m kind of looking forward to cold weather again so Gus can wear his crocheted booties!
I made the largest child size for Elliot and I loved using a cotton yarn for the first time! He loves his little slippers and wears them instead of socks since it’s getting warmer.
I also learned how to change yarn colors for the first time while making up these patterns, something I was kind of scared to do. With the help of Crocheting For Dummies, I figured it out in no time.
I’m going to be crocheting and knitting most of my Christmas gifts this year, and these 3 slipper patterns will be getting some mileage. Thanks Mamachee!
- Make a comment on this post telling me which pattern you would like to win (of these three or any others from Mamachee) before midnight Friday, April 23.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Saturday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this post
- Email 3 friends about the contest
- Post about this contest in a forum with a link back here (ex. Ravelry, Knitting Forums, Knitting Help)
- Subscribe to Mamachee’s Etsy shop feed
- Follow Vanilla Joy on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!