The winner of the Susan Bates Velocity circular knitting needles is Michelle! She said, “I think circs are the best to knit with, I knit with them almost exclusively. Would probably use these for chemo caps for charity, but I’m sure they’ll get lots of other use, too.”
Send an email with your address to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com BEFORE WEDNESDAY to claim your prize. Thanks!
One reader will win a set of 4 Susan Bates Velocity 16″ circular knitting needles in sizes 7, 8, 9, & 10.5 ($50 value).
I love knitting on circular needles – I love going around and around and around…it’s totally therapeutic for me.
My most recent circular needle project is this hat, and I used these Susan Bates Velocity circular knitting needles. They’re made with nickel plated brass which makes them super slick and quiet too. They are called Velocity because they have a super smooth joint and are supposed to help you knit faster, and I’m a believer.
For my hat, I’m using a wool bulky yarn on size 8 needles, which could have been very slow going, but that bulky and coarse yarn just slides so smoothly and easily over these needles. I have to be careful my stitches don’t slip right off the end!
Each pair of Velocity circular knitting needles are stamped with the US and metric size. Lots of double pointed and circular knitting needles don’t say the size anywhere on the needle, and I love that these do. I don’t like having to guess…And the cord is a deep purple that is just lovely.
Velocity 16″ circular needles range in size from 1 – 10.5 and in price from $11 – $13.50. They come in lengths of 16″, 29″, and 40″.
I just like how these feel in my hands. They’re comfortable to hold and make my knitting fast and fun! Thanks Susan Bates!
- Make a comment on this post telling me what size you want most or what project you would make before midnight Friday, April 23.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Saturday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this post
- Email 3 friends about the contest
- Post about this contest in a forum with a link back here (ex. Ravelry, Knitting Forums, Knitting Help)
- Follow Red Heart on Twitter
- Become a Facebook Fan of Red Heart
- Sign up for Red Heart’s free e-newsletter
- Follow Vanilla Joy on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!