The winner is #22 – Jenny! She said, “I should win because my husband is obsessed with biking and Lance Armstrong (sponsored by TREK) and and my son has outgrown his bike and needs a new one!”
Send an email to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com to claim your prize. Thanks to Trek and everyone who entered!
One Vanilla Joy reader will win this Trek Jet 16 child bike ($200) in his/her choice of color and size (depends on availability)!
I have fond memories of learning to ride a bike, and teaching Elliot to ride has been something I’ve looked forward to. Elliot is making quick progress thanks to Trek!
Elliot’s bike is a Trek Jet 16 and it’s the perfect beginner bike with sturdy training wheels, comfortable seat, grippy handle bars, and plenty of reflectors. It’s light weight enough that Elliot can maneuver it easily by himself and won’t get stuck if he does fall over, and it’s a nice smooth ride so he’s comfortable on the road. Just look at his face – he’s having a blast!
Trek kid’s bikes are great because they’re designed to grow with the child. Elliot is tall for his age so we got the 4-6 bike so he could grow into it. Even though it’s a little big, he still can ride comfortably and reach the pedals and everything. Trek has designed bikes to match a child’s physique and stature just right.
The Jet 16 is a basic bike with a single speed and coaster brakes. The training wheels can be removed and the seat raised, and I’m sure it will last through the use of several children. Also it looks very cool. We love the sporty red and white or the Jet 16 also comes in a metallic blue and white combo as well.
Boyd put it all together in an evening and we had about 8 neighbor kids standing around totally enthralled with this super cool bike.
I love the range of Trek products – they’ve got bikes for all ages and stages and you get good quality for the price. Quality is important for a first bike and the Jet 16 is easy to ride and learn on.
We love bike riding as a mode of transportation, recreation, and exercise, and thanks to Trek, Elliot can ride along with us safely and have a great time!
- Visit Trek Bikes
- Come back here and tell me why you should win before midnight Sunday, June 13.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Monday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Like Trek on Facebook
- Follow Trek on Twitter
- Subscribe to my You Tube channel
- Follow me on Twitter
- Follow me on Facebook
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!