I decided several months ago I would crochet/knit hats for all my siblings, in-laws, and nieces and nephews, and I’m using patterns from Adrienne Engar’s Etsy shop for every single gift.
She has so many different kinds of hat patterns and 3 of the 5 I reviewed use Lion Brand’s Thick & Quick yarn which is SO AWESOME. You can whip up one of her hats in about an hour with that yarn and the finished product is so cozy and cute and warm!
Here are my versions of the hats:
I made this classic newsboy hat for my 10 month old nephew, so it’s a little small for Gus but so cute, don’t you think? This pattern uses a G hook and Vanna’s choice yarn so it doesn’t whip up quite as fast as the other patterns that use Thick & Quick but it was fast.
This was my first time doing a brim and the instructions are very easy to follow.
I couldn’t get Elliot to sit still with this crocheted mohawk hat on!
This pattern also uses a G hook and I used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn (my FAVORITE because it’s so soft). I love the black and green from her listing picture, so we went with those colors too.
The hat pattern is pretty standard and very easy, and the only thing hard about the mohawk part is the eyelash yarn.
Gus is getting this hat for Christmas and he’s going to love it!
This pattern uses Lion Brand’s Thick & Quick yarn which makes the hat work up really fast and gives you a super warm finished product.
The chunky earflap pattern comes with a flower and ties, but this is for my little brother so I left those off. I think I’ll make me one with a big beautiful flower though, it’s so cute!
Another chunky hat! This one has instructions for a rolled brim and a pom-pom on top, and it’s a great basic hat pattern. The sizing chart is accurate (at least for our heads) and the fit is great.
Because these hats whip up so fast, Elliot and Gus will both be getting one for Christmas!
This is my #1 favorite hat pattern from Adrienne Engar’s shop. I love the bomber hat look, it works up fast, and is soo warm with large earflaps and the double thickness in front.
If you haven’t checked out Adrienne Engar on Etsy, DO IT NOW! Spend a few bucks and do all handmade hat gifts for Christmas this year. That’s what I’m doing…
Thanks to Adrienne for sponsoring today’s giveaway!
- Make a comment on this post telling me which pattern you would like to win (of these or any others from Adrienne Engar) before midnight Sunday, December 12.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Monday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this post
- Post about this contest in a forum with a link back here (ex. Ravelry, Knitting Forums, Knitting Help)
- Subscribe to Adrienne Engar’s Etsy shop feed
- Add Adrienne Engar to your Etsy seller favorites
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!