The Thanksgiving Point Membership winner is Missy! She said, “We LOVE the museum. My sons find something new and fascinating every time we go (and there is usually a massive meltdown when I’m ready to leave.) My husband and I go to the movie theater often as well. We love the stadium seating AND that we get to choose our seats.”
And the runner up is Patricia, who said, “I want to win! We can go together!”
Send an email to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com to claim your prize BEFORE TUESDAY! Thanks!
One reader will win an annual membership to Thanksgiving Point!
Some of the most fun we’ve had as a family since Elliott was born has been visiting different venues Thanksgiving Point, so I contacted the folks over there and the hooked us up with an membership to review and another to give away to one of you!
Since it’s too cold to play outside (for me, at least) our favorite thing so far has been visiting the Museum of Ancient Life. This place is fabulous – it has a discovery room with lots of hands on displays that are great for curious hands.
Our other favorite part is the erosion table. This is a child’s dream! It’s a huge curvy table with sand, moving water, complete with trees and dinosaurs to liven things up. Kids can build with the sand and watch as the water gradually erodes the sand away. They have bibs for kids to wear and a washing station to clean up. We spend most of our time here when we go. They have benches for parents to sit and watch, so bring a book and enjoy a relaxing afternoon!
Other activities at Thanksgiving Point include
- 15 themed gardens
- Farm Country
There will be a new museum opening next year, the Museum of Natural Curiosity (can’t wait for this!) and lots of public events like the tulip festival, train shows, and lots more.
If you haven’t been to Thanksgiving Point with your kids, check it out. (Start with the Dinosaur Museum, it’s our favorite!) There is plenty to keep you and your family busy all year long!
- Visit ThanksgivingPoint.com
- Come back here and tell me your favorite venue before midnight Thursday, February 4.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Friday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Follow Thanksgiving Point on Facebook
- Follow Thanksgiving Point on Twitter
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Facebook about the contest
- Sign up for the Thanksgiving Point e-newsletter
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!