Thanksgiving Point is one of the great things about the area we live in in Utah. Thanksgiving Point is a fabulous place that is “dedicated to providing guests one-of-a-kind, hands-on opportunity for discovery and an entertaining, educational experience in a variety of arts and sciences.” From my recent experience there, I can say that’s a pretty accurate statement!
Elliot, Gus, and I were invited to Thanksgiving Point with some other fabulous mommy bloggers in our area for a day of exploration and discovery. We started out perusing the beautiful Thanksgiving Point Gardens. As a native Oregonian, I have an extreme appreciation for trees, grass, water, and anything green. The Thanksgiving Point Gardens have all of my favorite things!
My favorite part is the “Creek Garden” with a stone pathway meandering through several small waterfalls and streams. From the center of the gardens you can see a series of large and beautiful waterfalls. I wish I could have a picnic there every day!
After a tour of the Gardens we got to go to Farm Country. Elliot was very interested in all the animals, but kept his distance.
The Farm has chickens, cows, donkeys, goats, horses, sheep, llamas, pigs, ponies, sheep, and turkeys and is “located on the site of the historic Fox Family Dairy Farm.” There are pony and wagon rides, an interactive milk processing display, and lots of farm animals to learn about!
After the Gardens and the Farm, Elliot and Gus were pooped. We didn’t stay with the other moms for a tour of the Museum of Ancient Life, which Elliot would have LOVED.
We”ll visit the museum in August on a “TWO BUCK TUESDAY” when any venue is just $2 per person. I can’t wait to take Elliot to the Museum of Ancient Life! (For all you chocolate lovers, the Emporium Fudge is also just $2 for a half pound any day of the week in August!) We’re also looking forward to the Farmer’s Market…
If you haven’t been to Thanksgiving Point, you really should get the whole family together and go. There is so much to do; your kids will learn lots of neat stuff and have a great time!
Today wouldn’t be Monday without a GIVEAWAY! Thanksgiving Point is giving away a set of 4 tickets to each of their 4 venues: Farm Country, Thanksgiving Point Gardens, Children’s Discovery Garden, and Museum of Ancient Life.
- Visit ThanksgivingPoint.com
- Come back here and tell me which venue you would like most to visit before midnight Thursday, August 13.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post Friday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
- Facebook about the contest
GOOD LUCK and THANKS, Thanksgiving Point!