I learned how to knit in January of this year, so I’m very new to knitting, but I love it and have been having so much fun learning new skills. I haven’t yet finished my knitted Flower Power headband yet so I don’t have any pictures, but I’ve learned how to increase which was scary and intimidating at first but not hard at all.
Josey is the artist behind some beautiful knitted headbands and the Flower Power headband is for beginners. When I first got the pattern and saw all the increasing and decreasing I thought that was beyond my beginner skills, but it’s totally not. So this pattern is perfect for experienced and new knitters alike.
Her headbands are so cute and I especially love the flowers on the Flower Power headband. And knits are so much softer and stretchier and comfortable to wear.
Knitting for Dummies
Like I said, I learned how to knit in January and after my first lesson I went to the library and checked out Knitting for Dummies. I read through almost the whole thing and went back to my teacher the next week with enough knowledge to ask questions. That’s what this book has done for me – given me a foundation and basic knowledge so I can know what questions to ask my teacher.
This book has been invaluable in helping me decipher patterns, understand the importance of gauge, learn about the different types and materials of needles and why you would use what, know how to fix common mistakes, switch colors, and so much more.
It’s a great reference book for any knitter!
- Make a comment on this post before midnight Friday, May 21.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Monday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this post
- Email 3 friends about the contest
- Subscribe to Josey Knits’ Shop Feed
- Become a Facebook Fan of For Dummies
- Follow For Dummies on Twitter
- Follow Vanilla Joy on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!