The winner is Jessica B! She said, “Thanks for the giveaway. I sooo hope I win. I have been crocheting a lot lately…this would be awesome.”
Send an email to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com BEFORE WEDNESDAY to claim your prize. Congratulations!
One reader will win $42 worth of supplies including
- a set of small and large Heart Pom Pom makers from Clover Needlecraft and
- 3 skeins (pictured) of Lion Brand yarn
Lion Brand Yarns
In preparation for this giveaway, I have been doing A LOT of crocheting and knitting. (I will be giving away about a dozen patterns in the weeks to come and so I had to make them up for myself first…) 95% of the time, the yarn I choose is Lion Brand, and the majority of that is Vanna’s Choice.
I LOVE Vanna’s Choice yarn – it comes in every possible beautiful and trendy color and it’s so soft and cozy. I have made baby booties, ear warmers, and hats with Vanna’s Choice, and they are so warm and comfortable to wear, even on my baby’s sensitive skin.
Vanna’s Glamour is the same great stuff as Vanna’s Choice, just a little more elegant. It has a metallic thread woven through to give your project some bling and comes in 7 great colors.
Lion Brand makes so many different kinds of yarns, it’s easy to have lots of favorites. I got to try out these 3 yarns, and the Superwash Merino is among my new favorites. I made a fingerless glove (am still working on the left one) and this wool is the softest I have ever felt. I think of wool as being scratchy and rough, but this yarn feels just like acrylic with all the great properties of wool (absorbent, warm, etc). It’s fine and so nice to work with. And don’t you just love that color? Greens are my favorite, especially this shade.
I haven’t had time to transform the Amazing and Vanna’s Glamour into anything yet, but when I do, it will be fabulous and high quality because that’s what Lion Brand yarn is all about!
Pom Poms are so sweet, and heart shaped ones seem to fit in lots more places than just on hats. Like on the ends of scarves or on a mobile or as little toys for stuffed animals…
I also got to try out the small and large heart shaped pom pom makers from Clover Needlecraft. I have never used a pom pom maker before, and it was so easy! I was a little intimdated looking at the contraption, but fortunately there were very thorough instructions in the packaging. Elliot and I figured it out in no time, and aren’t they cute?
I am a craft tool/accessory junkie, and Clover Needlecraft has all of my favorite needlecraft accessories and tools. I want to own every single package of knitting needle protectors, stitch markers and holders, needles…I want it all! These pom pom makers are a very nice addition to my aspiring collection. Small, easy to use, and so cute!
Thanks Lion Brand and Clover!
- Make a comment on this post before midnight Friday, April 16.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Friday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Blog about this contest with a link back to this post
- Email 3 friends about the contest
- Post about this contest in a forum with a link back here (ex. Ravelry, Knitting Forums, Knitting Help)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Lion Brand Yarn
- Get Lion Brand’s free Newsletter
- Become a Facebook Fan of Clover
- Follow Clover on Twitter
- Sign up for the Clover Newsletter
- Follow Vanilla Joy on Twitter
- Tweet about this contest with link back here (copy and paste http://www.vanillajoy.com right into the text box)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!