The older I get the more I hate having a period. It’s just so inconvenient. I hate spending money on supplies and carrying them around with me every where I go, so I found a new way.
This is my new way, The DivaCup – a silicone reusable menstrual cup – and I love it.
I still don’t look forward to menstruating, but I don’t dread it anymore. I have one product I can use all week long, removing and rinsing as necessary.
It’s comfortable, convenient, cost-effective, not any more icky or messy than disposable products, and I’ll never go back.
For you skeptics. According to official FAQs, the DivaCup
- can be worn a maximum of 10-12 consecutive hours
- is no more “icky” than pads or disposable tampons
- inserts and removes easily and comfortably
- allows you to track your flow accurately
- prevents odor since it’s worn inside the body
- comes in two sizes (post and pre-childbirth)
- is not a contraceptive device
- is only available in natural, un-pigmented silicone for optimal health
- is much more cost effective than disposable options at $10-$30