The Columbia winner is Jared!
Send an email to kelsey[at]vanillajoy[dot]com to claim your prize.
One reader will win a Columbia Women’s Ice Prism Parka ($270)!
When I first put this parka on, I noticed some things immediately:
- feminine – most parkas look like giant sacks and this one has some very feminine detailing (tuliped seam lines, furry collar, jacquard print) and it’s fitted so it actually looks attractive!
- WARM – I put it on in the house (right out of the box, jumping and squealing a little bit) and had to take it off after a few minutes. I had both layers on and zipped up and it was too toasty for indoors! I could definitely feel the OMNIHEAT technology at work.
- lightweight – I have kids to pack around, I don’t need to feel like I’m packing my parka too…
You can see some of the features here (click image to enlarge) – if you look closely at the liner you can see the chevron stitching pattern and the silver, furry, and very warm collar lining. The upper bodice portion on the shell has the subtle jacquard print and it overlaps the zipper to cross in front just a bit. The buttons on the upper collar are these silver square beauties. (I love square buttons)
There’s piping, a super heavy duty WATER PROOF zipper, and a stretchy powder skirt for ultimate fit and comfort.
The Omni-Heat feature is interesting and awesome. The inside of the liner is this silver polka dot fabric which feels warm to the touch after wearing it for a few minutes. That’s the signature Omni-Heat thermal insulation and thermal reflective technology, and it works!
Last week we traveled to Rexburg, Idaho to drop off my younger brother at BYU-Idaho. On the way there, the car thermometer registered temperatures as low as -8, and when we got out, it was VERY COLD, but I was WARM. The wind did not affect me and I was only cold where my jacket didn’t cover.
The Ice Prism Parka is by far the highest quality winter coat I’ve ever owned and the best looking too. I’m impressed and so thrilled that I can be outside playing with my kids in the snow and stay warm and comfortable. The comfort cuffs and the snow skirt really seal off the arms and waist so that warm air stays inside to keep you warm.
Thanks to Columbia for sponsoring today’s giveaway!
- Visit Columbia.com
- Come back here and tell me your favorite Columbia Omni-Heat product before midnight Sunday, January 23.
- A winner will be selected and announced at the top of this post on Monday.
- Only one comment per person unless you earn extra entries.
- Giveaway open only to residents of the continental United States…sorry.
- Winners must email me to claim their prize within 5 days.
EARN EXTRA ENTRIES
You may earn 1 extra entry each for doing the following (make a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Like Columbia on Facebook
- Follow Columbia on Twitter
- Embed any VanillaJoy YouTube videos on your own blog (1 entry per video)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Vanilla Joy
- Facebook about the contest
- Subscribe to Vanilla Joy’s YouTube Channel
- Subscribe to my feed
- Sign up for my newsletter
- Add my button to your sidebar
- Comment on any non-contest post (must contribute to the conversation)
GOOD LUCK and THANKS!