Make Christmas Eve a special day by remembering the purpose for Christmas. On Christmas Day, things get so hectic and busy with opening presents and visiting family that the whole “reason behind the season” gets forgotten. Christmas Eve is a good day to really celebrate and remember the birth of Jesus Christ.
Here are some ideas:
- Have a special dinner/birthday party to celebrate the birth of the Savior. Set an extra place at the table.
- Read the scriptural account of Christ’s birth in Luke 2
- Talk about who was at Christ’s birth and the symbolism of the nativity
- Talk about Christ’s life and the miracles he performed
- Talk about the significance of Christ’s death and the Atonement
- Commit to each other to remember Christ throughout the next year. Give each family member an opportunity to make a spiritual goal. Place all the written goals in a special box or container where it will be visible throughout the year. On Christmas Eve of the next year take time to review how well you did at keeping your goal.
Remembering Christ at Christmastime will make your holiday celebrations so much more meaningful and happy. Take time this Christmas to give thanks for the birth of Jesus Christ and the importance of the sacrifice He made in our behalf.
[And His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful by Simon Dewey ]