Happy New Year! Can you believe it’s 2008 already!
Have you made your resolutions yet? I am a fan of goal making, not so much of “New Year’s resolutions.” Perhaps your New Year’s resolution could be to not make any more New Year’s resolutions but to set weekly or monthly goals instead!
I like to make and review my goals on Sundays. Sundays are a great day to spend with your family and on introspective activities such as journaling and goal making. Perhaps you can make weekly goal making/reviewing a family activity.
Do make some goals, however you choose to do it. I think one of my goals for the upcoming year is to drink more water. I would also like to stretch my muscles everyday and maybe even get into Yoga.
If you want to set some goals but don’t have anything specific in mind, here are some ideas.
- Write in a journal daily or weekly. Some people like to write a certain number of pages each day or once a week – figure out what works best for you.
- Read one book each month.
- Watch less TV.
- Eat breakfast everyday.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time, seven days a week.
- Go to church.
- Make quilts to donate to a woman’s shelter or humanitarian efforts.
- Quit swearing/drinking/smoking.
- Spend 10-15 minutes of one on one time with each of your children every day.
- Get out of debt.
- Create and stick to a budget.
- Meet your neighbors.
Remember that setting specific goals and identifying specifically how you plan to accomplish them is important to your success. I hope you all had a wonderful year last year and best wishes in the year to come!