Muffins are my weakness, especially blueberry ones. YUM. And with lemon? DOUBLE YUM. I know I’ve been posting a lot about food lately, I’m in the mood, I guess. My cooking/baking preoccupations come in spurts, and it’s happening to me now. When I get in the mood, I’m constantly trying new recipes and thinking about what yummy things I can make.
My new Wilton silicone muffin molds have helped a bit. I wanted to try them out, so I dug up a new Lemon Blueberry recipe to make my jack-o-lantern and ghost muffins. They turned out very delicious and pretty, although blueberry muffins probably aren’t the best application for these molds. Something that requires frosting would be much better. But no matter, they were fun to make, delicious to eat, and pretty to look at. Here’s the recipe:
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
1 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c milk
2 T. vegetable oil
1/2 c. canned, fresh, or frozen blueberries
1 t. finely grated lemon zest
1. Rinse blueberries and drain well.
2. Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl; make a well in the center.
3. Combine milk, egg, and oil; add all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened.
4. Fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. If desired, dip the tops of the warm muffins in butter and roll in sugar.
Yield: 8 muffins
If you like the gigantic Costco blueberry muffins, you’ll love these. They taste very similar. And tomorrow night I’m going to be trying out another new recipe, Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce. I’ll give you the recipe if it’s delicious. Happy eating!