Retro-modern kids’ smock from DarlingSparrow GIVEAWAY!

by Kelsey Norwood

in Giveaways

written by Brittney of Darling Sparrow

Hey everyone! We at the DarlingSparrow etsy shop would love to offer a lucky vanillajoy reader a one-of-a-kind handmade children’s smock-aprons (apparently that’s a less confusing term than “smoprons.” Go figure.)

Let’s talk about these adorable things, shall we? Each vintage inspired smock is unique, functional, and timelessly stylish – a delightfully cheerful mix of prints, patterns, and color on a classic smock shape. (Some even have pockets! Little hearts are pitter-pattering at this moment and don’t know why, but there’s an 83% chance it’s something pocket-related. The other 17% is probably hovering around “fruit snacks.”)

Why do you want one? Let us count the ways…

1 – They’re just stinking cute.

2 – Protect regular clothes during any and all messy projects, including baking, painting, eating, gluing, decorating, gardening, you name it.

3 – Easy-on, easy-off (a secret Velcro closure is hidden by a large vintage button. Sheer genius).

4 – One-of-a-kind handmade – no mass production here. Which we, as moms ourselves, happen to love.

5 – Will fit for years and years. No lie – I have an 8-year-old who can still wear our size Small smock when necessary.

6 – Each comes with a free muslin gift bag, so it’s immediately ready for gifting.

They make fabulous gifts for your own kids or for your friends’ kids…or for yourself to have on-hand for cute little visitors. We sincerely hope you come to love them as much as we do!

How to enter the giveaway:

You must visit the Darling Sparrow shop ( and leave a comment on this blog telling which item is your favorite and who you would give it to. (Make sure you include your email address in the comment!)

BONUS entries (leave one comment per item that you do below):

1 – favorite the shop

2 – like Darling Sparrow on facebook

3 – follow us on Twitter

4 – pin your favorite item on pinterest

5 – blog, tweet, or FB a message about the giveaway (leave corresponding URL in the comment)

But wait, there’s more! (Hellooooo, HSN.) We just dropped all prices 20-30% for Valentine’s Day, PLUS we’d love to offer you guys 10% off any item in the shop. I know, it’s like double-coupon day. Simply use the coupon code: FEBRUARY10 at checkout.

Thanks so much for hosting this giveaway, Kelsey! And we hope to see you all at Check back often, as we’re constantly adding new smock styles. Happy childhood!




1 Kenyetta February 15, 2012 at 10:45 am

I would get Children’s Apron: Red Floral with Blue Stripe and Rick-Rack Trim(size 2-5) for my cousin’s daughter Sydney
uknowuwannahit at aol dot com

2 Kenyetta February 15, 2012 at 10:47 am

I Favorited the shop on Etsy

3 Michelle February 15, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Hard to choose! But I think I’d pick the black gingham with blue floral stripe. That blue stripe is calling my daughter’s name, too, though… I’m a sucker for rick rack!

greetingarts (at) gmail (dot) com

4 Elizabeth February 15, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I like them all but I was really drawn to the black gingham with blue floral. I would give it to my 6 year old granddaughter. She will love it. Thank you for the opportunity to win.

ehesse1215 @

5 Elizabeth February 15, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I favorited the shop.


6 Elizabeth February 15, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I pinned my favorite item on Pinterest.

ehesse1215 @

7 Elizabeth February 15, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I pinned my favorite item on Pinterest.

ehesse1215 @

8 Elizabeth February 15, 2012 at 7:35 pm

I follow vanilla joy on twitter.

9 Beth T. February 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

So sweet. I would choose the red floral with blue stripe and rick rack apron, as a gift for my sweetheart’s great-niece/goddaughter Dakota.

10 Erin Lawrence February 16, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I would love to have the Grey Stripe with Pink Floral Pockets and Ribbon and Lace Trim for my daughter! Adorable!

11 Erin Lawrence February 16, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I added the shop to my favorites!

12 Erin Lawrence February 16, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I like Darling Sparrow on FB

13 Erin Lawrence February 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I’m following you on Twitter @octoberthings

14 Erin Lawrence February 16, 2012 at 5:44 pm
15 Holly February 17, 2012 at 10:59 am

Love this apron for my daughter but in a size 8 Children’s Apron: Black gingham with Red Bird Print, Rick-Rack and Lavender Trim

16 Sue D February 22, 2012 at 9:35 am

I like the children’s Valentine apron in grey seersucker with pom pom heart. I would give it to my granddaughter whose birthday is on Valentine’s day.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

17 Sue D February 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

I favorite the shop.

18 Manda N March 27, 2012 at 8:50 pm

the Green Gingham is my fave! darling!

email addy is carymanda at comcast dot net

Previous post:

Next post: